Call for Abstracts
Please submit abstracts for the 7th International Oyster Symposium to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged by email. If you do not receive a confirmation please contact the programme organizers via: email@example.com
All abstracts will be reviewed by the organsing committee and be allocated either for oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts are invited under the following themes:
1. Developing New Markets and Products
3. Reducing disease and climate risks
4. Shellfish hygiene
5. Environmental sustainability
6. Ecosystem services
8. Sustainable expansion of global oyster production
- TITLE: to be written in capital letters, Arial size 12, and not exceed 160 characters.
- NAMES of AUTHORS: please state first the name and after the surname.
- PRESENTING AUTHOR: name should be in bold.
- AUTOR'S AFILIATIONS: all to be indicated.
- BODY TEXT: Use Arial 11 font; single space between sentences; should not to exceed 350 words.
- POSTER or ORAL: Mark if you would like to have POSTER or ORAL presentation.
- CONTACT DETAILS: Write the e-mail of contact person.
- LANGUAGE: English
- UNITS: metric
- RESTRICTIONS: no illustrations, no figures, no photos
DURATION: Presentations should not exceed 20 minutes, including any time for questions and answers.
QUESTIONS and ANSWERS: Speakers are strongly encouraged to allow a few minutes for Q&A.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS: Will be allotted 35 minutes for presentations and 10 minutes for questions.
RESTRICTIONS: Speakers are not permitted to overrun and will be alerted 5 minutes before their time is up.
CHAIRING SESSIONS: Please indicate if you are willing to be a session chair or co-chair.
Submission of PowerPoint Presentations
DELIVERY: Speakers must deliver their PowerPoint presentations (USB stick) to the Speaker Preparation Room 24 hours in advance of your presentation time. If you arrive later than 24 hours in advance, please take your presentation to the Speaker Preparation Desk as soon as you arrive.
NAMING FILES: Name the file with your presentation, as follows: (1) session theme, (2) the day and (3) your surname.
DIMENSIONS: - portrait size: maximum width 90 cm, maximum height 110 cm.
PRESENTING AUTHORS : must register for the symposium. LINK .
FAILURE TO REGISTER: If an abstract is accepted and the presenting author does not register, the abstract may be withdrawn.
MULTIPLE ABSTRACTS: These are welcome, but if the presenting author has submitted more than one abstract, at least one of the remaining authors must register.
May 26, 2017 – Registration Open
May 30, 2017 – Abstract Submission Opens
July 14, 2017 – Early Bird Registration ends
July 30, 2017 – Deadline for submission of abstracts
September 11, 2017 – Late registration deadline